Alexandra Rojas (@alexandrasiera )

Alexandra Rojas

Bio Executive Director @justicedems, Political Commentator @CNN.
Tweets 3,1K
Followers 41,3K
Following 1,3K
Account created 05-11-2016 18:00:40
ID 794962652556443649

iPhone : Only 5% of policing is focused on violent crime. The other 95% can be handled by other agencies. In some cities, 40% of the entire budget goes toward policing.

We have to do something different and not allow Republicans to flip a talking point on its head.

  • Start Video

iPhone : Damn, Mr. President.

Didn’t you say “Trayvon could’ve been my son?”

In 2014, #BlackLivesMatter was too much.

In 2016, Kaepernick was too much.

Today, discussing police budgets is too much.

The problem is America's comfort with Black death -- not discomfort with slogans. twitter.com/thehill/status…

iPhone : With all due respect, Mr. President—let’s talk about losing people. We lost Michael Brown Jr. We lost Breonna Taylor. We’re losing our loved ones to police violence.

It’s not a slogan. It’s a mandate for keeping our people alive. Defund the police. twitter.com/thehill/status…

iPhone : We need to talk about these membership emails from Democratic Party orgs (👋DCCC Senate Democrats). We all get them, see them, and ignore them as another annoying fundraising ploy, right?

Not exactly, there is a deeper problem. Heres why. 👇 (1/9)

iPhone : I dream a world where Dems intensely focused on persuading Trumpers would bring that same energy (instead) to feeding & housing people, healthcare for all, dismantling structural racism, mass incarceration, closing the racial wealth gap, police accountability & climate change.

iPhone : Decades of incremental change led to a moment where we have 265K dead from COVID-19, the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression, an impending climate catastrophe, & a police brutality epidemic.

I will fight for transformative legislation, & I will not apologize for it.

iPhone : A lot of progressive Democrats cringe when they hear names like Rahm Emanuel or even this petition were seeing against Bruce Reed from the Justice Democrats. This generation is not going to be silent..if Biden does not reflect the diversity of the party. -Producing two docs and shouldnt be on here.

  • Start Video

iPhone : Bruce Reed helped develop the '94 Crime Bill, pushed broken windows policing & cuts to Social Security & Medicaid.

We want an administration that prioritizes programs that protect ALL of us. Mr. Reed is not someone our communities trust—sign our petition:
actionnetwork.org/petitions/no-d…

iPhone : I'm looking forward to enact the most progressive agenda in generations alongside the Biden administration.

But Bruce Reed has a long history of supporting policies like cuts to Social Security that would harm working families, especially Black families.

actionnetwork.org/petitions/no-d…

iPhone : Bruce Reed has been trying to cut Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid for decades now

Here he is in 2018 touting the Simpson-Bowles Commission as the goalpost.

“Caller is absolutely right that everything should be on the table”

  • Start Video